Pumpkin pie meets ice cream cocktail in this boozy pumpkin pie milkshake. It tastes just like a fresh baked creamy pumpkin pie with a hint of warm autumn spices and plenty of rich, creamy ice cream flavor. Spiced rum gives a lovely zip on the back end but a word of caution – these be strong drinks my friend!
A few years ago I met up with two of my girlfriends from college and we spent a weekend taking in Las Vegas. It was October and we ordered a pumpkin pie milkshake cocktail. It was phenomenal! I am pretty sure I had never had a pumpkin pie milkshake and I had never tried Captain Morgan Spiced Rum. The combo is perfect.
Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream Cocktail
I’m a true ice cream lover and passionate about pumpkin pie so why not have my pie and drink a cocktail too?
The ingredients are very simple:
- vanilla ice cream
- pumpkin butter (you can make your own in 15 minutes with this microwave recipe)
- vanilla extract
- spiced rum
Four things and five minutes!
My recipe is for a pretty big shake – sort of restaurant sized. If that is a bit much, plan on it serving two. You can also make several at once and fill the blender for a group. Go nuts!
Making Your Own Pumpkin Puree
Pumpkin puree is usually available at the store as is pumpkin butter. However, it is easy to cook pie pumpkins up into homemade pumpkin puree to make pumpkin butter with. (Learn how here.) Making your own pumpkin puree and then pumpkin butter is a great use if you have extra pie pumpkins from your garden. It is also the perfect way to control the ingredients in your food if you have any allergies or dietary restrictions that need be accounted for.
More Pumpkin Recipes To Celebrate Pumpkin Spice Season
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bundt Cake
- Easy Pumpkin Cake Sheet Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
- How to Make a Pumpkin Pie From Fresh Pumpkin
More Cocktails For Fall
Boozy Pumpkin Pie Milkshake
- 3 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup pumpkin butter
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 oz Captain Morgan Spiced Rum (this is 2 shots)
- whipped cream to garnish optional
- Combine everything in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Pour into one or two serving glasses and garnish with cinnamon, whipped cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce as desired.
I read each and every comment and I try to respond to questions asap, so ask away! If you’ve made a recipe, I would love to hear about it! Please come back and share your experience and give the recipe a 5-star rating so other people will know how much you loved it!
Oh My goodness! Heavenly delight. I love anything pumpkin, but these take the cake : )
Thanks hon – I think they are amazing!!!