This pumpkin pie milkshake tastes just like whirled up pumpkin pie with a hint of Captain Morgan Spiced Rum. Caution: it kicks like a mule!
Two years ago I met up with two of my girlfriends from college and we spent a weekend taking in Las Vegas. It was October and we ordered a pumpkin pie milkshake cocktail. It was phenomenal! I am pretty sure I had never had a pumpkin pie milkshake and I had never tried Captain Morgan Spiced Rum. The combo is perfect.
Ever since I have been meaning to re-create the drink at home and this week I made it happen. My recipe is for a pretty big shake – sort of restaurant sized. If that is a bit much, plan on it serving two. You can also make several at once and fill the blender for a group. Go nuts!
I’m planning on serving these at dessert on Thanksgiving day but I think they are fair game all fall. Who will you be drinking one with?
Tools In This Post: Jon and I make a lot of specialty drinks and enjoy a variety of glasses. If your kitchen has room for more glassware (I know, I know) some of these soda glasses are a fun addition.
You can buy pumpkin butter to make this milkshake or you can make your own! My new recipe for 15 Minute Microwave Pumpkin Butter is out and it is awesome!
Spiked Pumpkin Pie Milkshake
- 3 big scoops good quality vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup pumpkin butter
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 shots Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
- 1 shot Fulton's Harvest Pumpkin Pie Cream Liqueur optional – see note
- Garnish options: cinnamon whipped cream or caramel sauce
- Combine everything in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Pour into one or two serving glasses and garnish with cinnamon, whipped cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce as desired.
- Note: The milkshake is great with just the Captain Morgan but I happened to snag a bottle of Pumpkin Pie Cream Liqueur at Costco this season and it added a really great little something extra.
Free Simple Weeknight Meal Plan!
Sign up here for your free plan and start rocking dinner!