Proceed with caution: Apple Pie Moonshine has been known to cause public dancing and other outrageous behavior! This strong cocktail made with Everclear is a delicious fall and winter drink with hints of cinnamon that will remind you of a boozy apple pie.
Every New Years Eve we get together with friends, play games, eat snacks and have a laid back evening. These are not overly decadent evenings. But last year my friend Brandi brought a jar of her mom’s homemade Apple Pie Moonshine.
Brandi Poured me a glass and it was absolutely delicious – a perfect sipping cocktail. I knew it was strong and I don’t have a cocktail that often so I took it slow and steady. My sensible plan was to enjoy one modest glass. This plan would have been perfect had Brandi not been totally amused to quietly refill my glass from time to time.
As you can imagine I was rather lively after several glasses of moonshine and I have a rather fuzzy memory of making elaborate cocktails for the entire party. Crazy Kim has some funny photos of the moment I decided to use forks and whole lemons as “garnish” for drinks.
When the dust settled I gave Brandi what for (I don’t think that rally phased her) and I of course asked for the recipe! Any time you have a cocktail that tastes like a boozy apple pie you need that recipe!
Enjoy this with some common sense and if you do invite Brandi over by all means keep an eye on your glass!
Have a great week guys. Thanks for stopping by to cook with me!
Tools In This Post: I discovered these easy screw on plastic caps for canning jars a few years ago and LOVE them. I try to keep a few on hand for anything I will be taking the cap on and off while it is in the fridge.
Love great cocktails? This Spiked Pumpkin Pie Milkshake is another great fall cocktail you should try!
Apple Pie Moonshine
- 2 gallons of good quality apple juice or cider
- 8 cinnamon sticks
- 1 bottle of Everclear 750 ml (see note)
- In a giant pot, bring the apple juice or cider and cinnamon sticks to a boil.
- Turn off the stove and let it cool for about two hours – it must be totally cool to the touch.
- Stir in the entire bottle of Everclear. (Don’t smell it as you stir – the fumes can do you in pretty fast.)
- Pour into pint or quart-sized mason jars. Store in refrigerator.
- The moonshine tastes best after it mellows for a few days to a few weeks.
This recipe is participating in Weekend Potluck!
Free Simple Weeknight Meal Plan!
Sign up here for your free plan and start rocking dinner!