There is no churning or special equipment required for creamy, firm, Amaretto Ice Cream. It is ready to freeze in minutes and only requires 4 ingredients. You can use amaretto liquor for this ice cream or Torani Amaretto Syrup. Both are delicious here!
Here is the deal on this amazing amaretto cherry ice cream: You can mix it up and get it into the freezer in 10 minutes easily. Once it has frozen it’s ready to eat. No cooking, no churning, no big mess. It is a wonderful rich ice cream that gets rave reviews from everyone I feed it to. (The cake pictured in the background is my famous Black Magic Cake . It goes great with amaretto ice cream!)
The beauty of no churn homemade ice cream
Who in their right mind would not want to make 10 minute ice cream that is better than what they sell in the store? Nobody – that’s who.
I’ve come to believe that you don’t need an ice cream maker for great ice cream. Just use a great no churn ice cream recipe and save the kitchen space!
Homemade Ice Cream is Creamier
I’ve been sad to watch popular ice cream brands moving away from using plenty of good cream. They are whipping a lot of air into their frozen concoctions and generally selecting low quality ingredients that I can’t get excited about. I’m sorry but you gotta have CREAM, not milk and you need REAL CHOCOLATE in recipes that call for chocolate in the ice cream. *end rant*
Making your own ice cream gives you total quality control and the finished product is something to be proud of! And of course this is a wonderful family activity everybody will enjoy!
More No Churn Ice Cream Recipes
The Best Easy Homemade Sauces for Ice Cream
No Churn Homemade Amaretto Ice Cream
- 1 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream 40% fat recommended
- 2/3 cups sweetened condensed milk
- 12 maraschino cherries cut into quarters
- 2 Tablespoons Amaretto liquor can sub Torani amaretto syrup
- Place cherry quarters, and Amaretto liquor or syrup into a small bowl to soak.
- Add cream and sweetened, condensed milk to a stand mixer. Whip on high for 2 minutes and 45 seconds. The mixture will be thick and hold the lines formed by the beaters.
- Gently stir in cherry mixture until it is incorporated but not totally mixed.
- Scrape into a temperature safe container with a lid. Lay plastic wrap directly on the surface of the ice cream in addition to putting the lid on the container.
- Freeze ice cream over night or until frozen solid before serving. Plan on at least six hours of freezing time.
I read each and every comment and I try to respond to questions asap, so ask away! If you’ve made a recipe, I would love to hear about it! Please come back and share your experience and give the recipe a 5-star rating so other people will know how much you loved it!