You only need five simple ingredients to make this classic Cookies and Cream Ice Cream. The simple No-Churn method does not require an ice cream maker or freezing machine! Add a little mint extract and you have mint cookies and cream ice cream just like my favorite of Ben and Jerry’s – Mint Chocolate Cookie.
There is something kind of magic about rich, creamy vanilla ice cream loaded up with big chunks and little crumbs of Oreo cookies. We loved it as kids and we still love it as adults!
Cookies & Cream No Churn Ice Cream – Better than Boutique Ice Cream Brands!
While I do love Cookies and Cream, if I’m going to splurge on “top shelf” ice cream I usually grab a pint of Ben and Jerry’s Mint Cookie Ice Cream. It is the cookies and cream flavor I crave with a lovely twist of mint!
This is another No-Churn ice cream recipe. You don’t need an ice cream maker or any special equipment. It takes 10 minutes to mix up a short list of ingredients and then you freeze it in any container you have on hand. Six hours later you have magic!
Homemade Ice Cream is Creamier
More and more, popular ice cream brands are using more milk and less real cream. They are whipping a lot of air into their frozen concoctions and generally selecting low quality ingredients that I can’t get excited about.
Making your own ice cream gives you total quality control and the finished product is something to be proud of! And of course this is a wonderful family activity everybody will enjoy!
The Best Easy Homemade Sauces for Ice Cream
More No Churn Ice Cream Recipes
No-Churn Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
- 2 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream 40% fat suggested
- 1 1/3 cups sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 18 Oreo cookies or favorite chocolate sandwich cookies
- Pulse cookies in a food processor at least 2/3rds of the cookies are well chopped. Use your fingers to break apart remaining large cookies into bite sized chunks.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk combine cream, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and salt. Whip on high for 2 minutes until the mixture is thick and the beater is leaving a ribbon pattern in the ice cream.
- Stir in the crushed cookies.
- Pour ice cream into your favorite freezer container and freeze until solid. The more shallow the container, the faster the ice cream will freeze. Plan on at least six hours of freezing time.
MirlandrasKitchen.com is written to share great recipes. While we do our best to provide nutritional information as a general guideline, we are not registered dietitians and the values provided here should be considered estimates – not exact scientific data.
I read each and every comment and I try to respond to questions asap, so ask away! If you’ve made a recipe, I would love to hear about it! Please come back and share your experience and give the recipe a 5-star rating so other people will know how much you loved it!