These Jalapeño Popper Wonton Cups are loaded with bacon, cream cheese, jalapeños and cheddar. It is everything you love about poppers in a crunchy wonton! It is the perfect appetizer for a party or the big game!
October has arrived! Idaho is finally done being a smokey inferno and we are enjoying the delicious crisp fall weather. With fall comes the party and sports season which we all know is unofficially appetizer season.
I should probably just blog on my love of appetizers but then I would miss dessert and dinner. Oh well – gotta just fit them in when I can! My latest obsession is seeing what I can put in a wanton cup!
These Jalapeño Popper Wonton Cups slipped in and stole my heart pretty fast. Hot melted cheese. Spicy peppers. BACON! What’s not to love? I hate when you try to eat a regular popper and the mess gets everywhere. In this recipe the peppers are chopped up which gives great flavor distribution and the mixture is easy to eat. When it comes to not getting messy I need all the help I can get!
Make sure you add these to your next game day party or get together. Then drop me a line in the comments and let me know how you liked them!
Have a great week guys. Thanks for stopping by to cook with me!
Tools In This Post: For fast prep I use this handy tool for dicing the peppers. They come out evenly and perfectly sized in a snap. The tool rinses out easily and I save a ton of time cutting up food for meals like soup, salsa and stir fry. If you cook much, this is a worthwhile investment.
These Teriyaki Meatballs in Pineapple Sauce are another of my go to hot appetizers. They are pretty hard to resist!
Jalapeño Popper Wonton Cups
- 12 wonton wrappers
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ¼ tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 -3 jalapeños
- 1/3 cup cooked and crumbled bacon or real bacon bits plus additional to garnish
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded (plus additional to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Spray a regular sized muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Put one wonton wrapper in each muffin cup.
- Bake wrappers about 5 minutes until they are starting to brown.
- While the wrappers are in the oven start the filling.
- In a medium glass mixing bowl, microwave the cream cheese for 30 seconds.
- Add the black pepper. Stir together with a fork.
- For a less spicy recipe remove and discard the seeds and white pith from the jalapenos (leave it in for more spice). Dice peppers small – almost minced.
- Add jalapenos, green onions, bacon and cheddar cheese to the cream cheese mixture – stir to combine.
- When the wontons have browned, use a cookie scoop to add the filling to the wonton cups. Garnish with reserved bacon and cheese.
- Return filled wontons to the oven for 7-9 more minutes until hot through and cheese is melted.
Free Simple Weeknight Meal Plan!
Sign up here for your free plan and start rocking dinner!