Fresh summer strawberries, lemon vodka and heavy cream make this luscious strawberry martini one to remember! Think your favorite lemon drop martini bursting with strawberry flavor and a touch of strawberry shortcake dessert. This is a new girl’s night classic and a summer cookout staple!
If there was ever a summer to make a lot of martinis this would be it! For a long time my favorite cocktail has been the lemon drop martini but I had never tried any strawberry versions! I love strawberry lemonade so a strawberry martini with lemon vodka seemed like a solid choice. In the end I loved it so much that I tried several different versions.
The beauty of heavy cream in a strawberry martini
My favorite experiment was this lovely Strawberry Martini A La Crème. Oh my taste buds! You get the burst of strong vodka, the explosion of ripe strawberries and tang of lemon vodka but there is also this lovely rich cream mouth feel. It is sensational!
This cocktail reminds me of what it would be like if the strawberry shortcake walked off my dessert plate and into a martini glass. I don’t think I’m going to be able to stop drinking them at the end of summer. This could easially show up at Christmas, Valentine’s Day and even my birthday! It is just that good.
CHOOSING THE RIGHT VODKA FOR A MARTINI
You don’t have to buy top shelf vodka for a great lemon drop martini. There are several classic middle shelf options that are easy on the wallet but make a delicious martini!
Remember, this is a very flavorful drink already so you don’t need to look for a nuanced, fancy vodka to make it great! This martini is more about the combination of all the flavors than it is about highlighting the most expensive vodka you can find.
My favorite two vodkas for a strawberry martini are the Swedish Svedka Lemon Vodka and 306 Lemon Vodka.
I prefer the Svedka because it is less sweet. Once you muddle strawberries into the martini and use whipped cream vodka it makes sense to go for a flavorful lemon vodka that is not overly sweet.
MY OTHER FAVORITE Fruit Cocktails
- The Perfect Lemon Drop Martini
- The Perfect Pomegranate Martini
- Strawberry Pina Colada
- Frozen Watermelon Margarita
- Frozen Mango Margarita
- Apple Pie Moonshine
Strawberry Martini A La Crème
- 1 oz lemon vodka I use Svedka
- ½ oz Smirnoff whipped cream vodka
- 2 oz lemonade I use Simply Lemonade brand
- 3 strawberries diced
- 1 teaspoon heavy whipping cream 40% fat content suggested
- To rim glass with sugar, rub a wedge of lemon over the top of the glass rim. Immediately dip the glass into sparkling sugar.
- Put all ingredients except whipping cream into a cocktail shaker. Use a muddler or wooden spoon to mash the berries into the drink.
- Add ice and shake to chill.
- Shake and strain into a chilled martini glass.
- Drizzle the heavy whipping cream into the glass in a circular fashion. Tip: If you have a kid’s Tylenol syringe around it is perfect for drizzling the cream in!
- Garnish with lemon and fresh strawberries
MirlandrasKitchen.com is written to share great recipes. While we do our best to provide nutritional information as a general guideline, we are not registered dietitians and the values provided here should be considered estimates – not exact scientific data.
I read each and every comment and I try to respond to questions asap, so ask away! If you’ve made a recipe, I would love to hear about it! Please come back and share your experience and give the recipe a 5-star rating so other people will know how much you loved it!