Lemon Drop Martini lovers will love this simple strawberry lemon drop martini. Fresh strawberries liven up a classic cocktail perfect for summer sipping.
I really LOVE lemon drop martinis so this spring I decided to try making a few new variations of my favorite drink and this Strawberry Lemon Drop Martini is one of the results.
How to Make a Great Strawberry Lemon Drop Martini
This drink is really a classic lemon drop martini with fresh strawberries muddled in! Use a good quality lemon vodka with a good quality lemonade and fresh summer strawberries and you have a winning cocktail!
Choosing The Right Vodka For a Martini
Don’t get fooled into thinking you have to buy top shelf vodka for a great lemon drop martini. I find there are several classic middle shelf options that are easy on the wallet but make a delicious martini!
Remember, this is a very flavorful drink already so you don’t need to look for a nuanced, fancy vodka to make it great! This martini is more about the combination of all the flavors than it is about highlighting the most expensive vodka you can find.
My favorite two vodkas for lemon drop martinis are the Swedish Svedka Lemon Vodka and 306 Lemon Vodka.
The Svedka is a little less sweet than the 306 so pick accordingly.
What Kind of Cocktail Shaker Should You Buy?
There are two primary types of cocktail shaker. The first has been around forever – the top lifts off and then you pour. The 2nd has a top that screws on and is larger so you can shake several cocktails at once.
Pick the style you like – the biggest thing to consider is to make sure you get a high quality shaker that won’t freeze your hands or leak.
My Other Favorite Lemon Drop Martinis
- The Perfect Lemon Drop Martini – this is the original and delightful in its simplicity!
- The Perfect Pomegranate Martini – this is less of a “lemon drop” but it does rely heavily on lemon vodka for the flavor and I think of it as one of my family of lemon drop drinks.
Strawberry Lemon Drop Martini
- 1 1/2 oz lemon vodka Svedka or 306 brands are recommended
- 3 strawberries diced
- 1/2 teaspoon bakers sugar can use regular granulated sugar instead
- 2 oz lemonade good quality lemonade such as Simply Lemonade recommended
- sparkling sugar to garnish rim of glass optional
- To rim glass with sugar, rub a wedge of lemon over the top of the glass rim. Immediately dip the glass into sparkling sugar.
- Put all ingredients into a cocktail shaker. Use a muddler or wooden spoon to mash the berries into the drink.
- Add ice and shake to chill.
- Strain drink into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with a wedge of lemon and a strawberry to serve.