This drizzled lemon loaf is about as simple as baking gets! It has a sweet lemon flavor topped with a sweet-tart drizzle. Even the crumbs will disappear.
This wonderful lemon cake is my birthday present to myself this year! I’m 32 today (I thought it was 33 but my fact checking turned up the news that it is only 32.) People seem to make a lot of fuss about getting older, loosing their youth, letting the glory years pass them by. Personally I enjoy the passing years.
It seems as they pass that I find more and more who I am and what I’m about. Somewhere along the way I have found some additional wisdom and grown in common sense. I might even be learning to let things go a bit more! Many seasons of my life have not been easy and I’m proud of the victories I have won to get to age 32.
I have a few more scars and a few gray hairs that I don’t remember being around a few years back but it seems worth it to me. Tonight I’m going to make more memories with my family and friends, eat too much guacamole and drink my husbands wonderful margaritas! Maybe I will even add a few gray hairs to the mix.
This Lemon Loaf is a long time favorite of mine. May you all enjoy my birthday present with gusto!
Tools In This Post: If you cook at all often a lemon zester is a must. It allows you to separate the zest from the lemon rind. I love this Microplane zester because it works so well and you can use it for cheese, ginger and spices like nutmeg.
If you love lemon you will also love this easy Lemonade Icebox Pie with Golden Oreo crust.
Drizzled Lemon Loaf
For The Cake
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsps. finely grated lemon zest from 1-2 lemons Meyer Lemons preferable
- 1 Tbsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ¾ cup whole-milk Greek yogurt I use cheap brand of Honey Greek Yogurt
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla
For The Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- zest from one lemon
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Coat a standard loaf pan with nonstick vegetable oil spray. Dust with flour. Tap out excess.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Using your fingers rub 1 cups sugar with 1 Tbsp. finely grated lemon zest from a Meyer Lemon in a large bowl until sugar is moist. Dump unto flour mixture
- To flour mixture add yogurt, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla; stir to blend.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake until top of cake is golden brown and a tester inserted into center comes out clean, 45 - 50 minutes. Let cake cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Invert unto rack. Let cool completely.
- Whisk together ingredients for the glaze and drizzle over loaf.
Free Simple Weeknight Meal Plan!
Sign up here for your free plan and start rocking dinner!