Sweet, tart and creamy, this Lemonade Icebox Pie only takes 10 minutes and 5 ingredients. It is a summer home run with whipped cream or strawberry sauce.
I originally got this pie recipe from my sister in law. She makes hers with limeade and graham cracker crust. I’ve switched things up a bit to use lemonade and a golden Oreo crust because YUM!
Summer is busy and full of fun. Food should be simple! This Lemonade Icebox Pie takes 10 minutes and 5 ingredients so it pretty much has the market cornered on simple.
Lemonade Icebox Pie
Icebox pies were named for the iceboxes (or refrigerators) they were kept cool in. This Lemonade Icebox Pie is a classic icebox pie. Simple ingredients for a no bake pie. Generally people do a baked crust from some sort of graham cracker or cookie. Here I’m using Golden Oreos.
How to Crush Oreos
To crush the Oreos I toss them into my food processor for a few seconds. This puppy is one of my kitchen work horses.
If you don’t have a food processor you put the cookies in a clean Ziploc bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
More Easy Lemon Desserts
Lemonade Icebox Pie with Oreo Crust
For the Crust:
- 24 golden oreos about 2/3 of a package
- 4 Tbsp. salted butter melted
For the Filling:
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk 14oz can
- 8 oz lemonade concentrate thawed
- 8 oz cool whip any brand is fine
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Pulse the Oreos in a food processor for about 30 seconds until they are finely ground and no chunks remain.
- Stir in the melted butter and dump crust mixture into a 9 1/2" pie pan. Press the mixture into the sides of the pan first and then the bottom.
- Bake the crust for 4 minutes in a 350F oven until the crust is just set. Remove to rack to cool.
- When the crust is cool, mix together sweetened condensed milk, lemonade concentrate and cool whip.
- Pour into crust, cover with plastic wrap and freeze until solid, about 6-8 hours
This post was originally created in 2015. It was updated for content in 2020.