These sweet, crunchy chickpeas deliver in the snack department! You only need four ingredients for this healthy, high protein, gluten free and vegan treat!
My life revolves around a chaotic mixture of toddler adventures and long work hours. I like my food to be delicious, fast, full of protein and something my toddler will also be happy to gobble up. Cinnamon Roasted Chickpeas handily meet all of those requirements. Jack is particularly fond of this snack and I now make larger batches…
Chickpeas are packed to the gills with both protein and fiber. They are also cheep – score! And maybe best of all they work well for almost everybody. Chickpeas are naturally gluten free and vegan. They are also rarely an problem for people with food allergies. I keep them on hand for snacking, serve them at parties, and pack them for travel.
Tools In This Post: Using a silicone baking liner makes for much easier clean up after this project. I find them handy in the kitchen in general.
This is another simple snack I think you will love!
Cinnamon Roasted Chickpeas
- 2 cans of garbanzo beans 15oz each (another name for chickpeas)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 Tbsp. brown or dark brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. salt optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Line a standard cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas well. You can remove the skins if you want but I don’t feel it is worth the extra time.
- Pat the chickpeas dry with paper towels. Make sure to pat firmly and remove as much moisture as possible.
- Put the chickpeas on the prepared baking sheet and bake at 400F for 15 minutes. Meanwhile mix the sugar, cinnamon and salt together.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle the oil of the chickpeas, stir or shake the pan to coat evenly and then sprinkle on the cinnamon mixture. Again roll or stir to coat and place back in the oven for 15 more minutes.
- For the crunchiest chickpeas turn the oven off after the second round of baking and leave the chickpeas inside. Use the handle of a wooden spoon to crack the oven door open a bit.
- After the chickpeas have cooled place in an airtight container and store at room temperature. Keep in mind that the longer they are stored the less crunchy they will be.
- Multiple Batches: Do not overly crowd the chickpeas on the baking sheet. If you want to double this recipe you may want to use another sheet.
Free Simple Weeknight Meal Plan!
Sign up here for your free plan and start rocking dinner!