Instant Pot Mac and Cheese is delightfully cheesy, creamy, and comforting. Best of all it takes a few minutes to throw it together. We serve it with brats, ham, and roast beef – really just about anything!
When I bought my Instant Pot I was a bit skeptical. Now it is my treasured baby! Who knew you actually could cook frozen chicken? I mean seriously!
I enjoyed playing with the appliance because new kitchen toys are fun. Then I discovered I could make amazing refried beans in minutes without even soaking the beans. But when my friend Emilee gave me this recipe – well that is when I fell in love. Frankly I was not somebody who made homemade mac and cheese that often. I never had a recipe I loved so I didn’t bother.
Now this version is a family staple. I usually make it when my mom’s group comes over. Our kids literally shovel this into their mouths two fistfuls at a time! (Granted we have toddlers) but still – it is completely hysterical!
I won’t tell you to go buy an Instant Pot but I will say that if you are interested there are usually good sales around Thanksgiving. I’m keeping my eyes open to pick one up for a gift!
Have a great week guys. Thanks for stopping by to cook with me!
Tools In This Post: I have gotten quite attached to my Instant Pot. It is amazing how easy it makes some things! Most families will find a 6 quart will work great. I have the 8 quart because sometimes I cook for large crowds.
Looking for more Instant Pot recipes? Try these wonderful Instant Pot Refried Beans!
Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
- 4 cups water
- 1 pound small elbow macaroni
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- 12 oz evaporated milk
- 4 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Put water, macaroni, butter, salt and pepper into the IP.
- Use the manual setting to set the pot for 3 minutes on high. Make sure the vent is set to sealing.
- The pot will take about 15 minutes to reach temp and cook the food. When it is done do a quick release.
- Add the evaporated milk and shredded cheese. Stir until melted and serve hot.
This recipe is from my friend Emilee Fortin. I have only made minor adaptations.
Free Simple Weeknight Meal Plan!
Sign up here for your free plan and start rocking dinner!