Easy and fresh, this lovely White Nectarine Jam is ready in 10 minutes without any cooking. It perfectly captures the flavor of the fruit.
I have a passion for jam most of you would be hard pressed to match. I confess – I might be a closet jam addict. Well, maybe not really a secret one hiding in the closet per se, but I love jam!
When Jonathan’s parents were in town his mom left a wonderful selection of fruit gifts. There was simply no way to eat it all! As the week went by I worked my way through the cornucopia of produce and eventually the scent of the white nectarines came to my attention. I had never come across a white nectarine so I sampled this one and the flavor was divine.
I always keep a supply of instant pectin around so I can turn the random batches of fruit that show up into small jars of jam to enjoy here and there. Two nectarines made a perfect small batch. My initial plan was to gift it to a friend but I ate it all. . . I did give out a few (small) samples to jam loving friends who were as impressed as I was. It got rave reviews as far away as Texas.
This is a sweet and fruity jam with a beautiful blush color that almost seems too lovely for the ordinary whole wheat toast that usually graces my breakfast table.
This was one of my favorite jam’s of the summer. The other was Peach Melba. If you love jam, don’t miss this one!
10 Minute White Nectarine Jam
- 2 white nectarines peeled and chopped to make about 1 2/3cups fruit
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons instant pectin for freezer jam
- Mash the chopped fruit a bit until you have fruit puree with a few medium small chunks.
- Dump the sugar on top, and then the pectin on top of that. Stir it all up for three minutes. I used a fork and was a bit violent in my stirring which resulted in a nice mix of puree and chunks - the perfect consistency for stone fruit jam.
- Put in a clean jar and store in refrigerator. If you want to save it for the winter or to give as gifts pop your jar in the freezer for longer term storage.