The dog days of summer are here. It’s been hot in Idaho for a while now and I’m in full on cold drink mode. We are getting ready to take a trip so I have been packing and checking things off lists and generally working my tail off so that we arrive at our destination with important things like pants. I have a funny feeling people will be glad of this when we arrive!
Tonight is the perfect night for a Lemon Berry Cocktail. These puppies are icy and cold, sweet and tangy, with a nice little hint of lemon vodka. It’s my grown up version of the Lemonberry slush that Sonic Drive-In features. Strawberry season will be gone in a blink so this is the perfect time to whip up one of these and cool off with your feet up. You can buy frozen strawberries from the store or freeze some yourself in advance. Either way it will be delectable!
- 1 lbs frozen strawberries about 3 cups
- 6 oz Lemon Vodka
- 1/2 cup bakers sugar very fine granulated sugar
- Juice of three fresh lemons plus additional lemon to garnish if desired
- 2 cups of crushed ice
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth.
- If it's too thick, think with a little cold water. Different blenders will produce different consistencies.
- For a nice finish, rub the rim of each glass with a lemon wedge and pres into course sugar. Carefully fill the glasses and garnish with a lemon slice if desired.
Using fresh strawberries? I like this strawberry huller quite a bit.
If you liked this cocktail, you might also enjoy my post on the Mai Tai made two different ways! Click here for the recipe.