Cinco De Mayo is one of the best times of the year to indulge in my passion for Mexican Food non-stop! Seriously, if I was stuck on an island and had to pick one thing to eat for the rest of my life I would be conflicted between steak, hamburgers, pizza and Mexican Food. Can you blame me?
This Salsa Verde is a fun, bright sauce that goes well with all your Mexican favorites. I chop a few things, toss the chunks in the blender and five minutes later have Salsa Verde!
The stuff is delicious about one of the most gorgeous foods you will ever make. Make sure you whip up a batch for Cinco De Mayo this weekend and pop back to let me know how you liked it!
Need something to drink? Check out this wonderful frozen Mango Margarita. You won’t be disappointed!
- ½ pound tomatillos – about 5-6 medium sized ones
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1/3 of a bunch of fresh cilantro just the leafy tops, not the lower stems
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp. olive or canola oil
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Remove the husks and wash the tomatillos. Slice the stem end off of the jalapeno.
- Coarsely chop the tomatillos and jalapeno. Remove the lower stems from the cilantro.
- Add everything to the blender. Blend until you have a course puree and pour into a serving bowl.
- You can let the salsa sit and develop a bit or serve immediately.
- Yield: 1 1/2 cups