This patriotic fruit salad is full of our favorite berries and thick homemade whipped cream. It is the perfect treat for a BBQ, picnic, or brunch.
In case you missed the memo May is here with beautiful weather and lots of wonderful opportunities for great food! Memorial Day Weekend is just a few weeks away followed by all the summer BBQ parties and of course 4th of July weekend!
I love to make this easy fruit salad because it looks like I worked SO hard but it only takes a few minutes to make yummy whipped cream from scratch and cut up some berries.
When summer is in full swing you need a few easy recipes at hand for great food in no time. I know your family will love this one!
Have a great week guys. Thanks for stopping by to cook with me!
Tools In This Post: Gelatin is easy to find in your baking section but you can also grab it on Amazon if you like. It will cost more online. This is what are are looking for at the store:
Need some more summer cooking ideas? I’ve got you covered! Check out my epic burgers – you won’t regret it.
Red White and Blue Fruit Salad
- 8 tsp. cold water
- 2 tsp. unflavored gelatin Knox is the name brand but any brand is fine
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar or adjust the sugar to taste
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 4 cups diced fresh strawberries
- 12 oz raspberries
- 18 oz blueberries
- 12 oz blackberries
- Additional berries and fresh mint leaves to garnish if desired
- Measure water into a small microwave safe bowl. Stir the gelatin into it. Set it aside while you make the other preparations.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer combine the cream, powdered sugar, vanilla, and salt. Beat with the whisk attachment on high for 1 minute. This is the time to taste and adjust for additional sugar if desired)
- While the mixer is running, microwave the gelatin mixture for 20 seconds or until the chunk of gelatin turns to thick, syrupy liquid.
- Continue beating the cream on high while slowly pouring the gelatin into the cream in a thin stream. Beat until stiff peaks form. Set cream aside while you prepare the berries.
- Combine half the raspberries with 2 cups of the diced strawberries. Stir gently to combine. Pour fruit into a decorative dish to create the first layer.
- Layer half of the whipped cream on top.
- Combine all of the blueberries and blackberries and pour on top of the whipped cream.
- Layer the rest of the whipped cream on top (you can save a bit to garnish the top of the salad if desired.)
- Combine the rest of the raspberries and diced strawberries and pour into dish for the last layer. Garnish with additional whipped cream and berries if desired.