This Strawberry Ice Cream Sandwich Cake is a beautiful and simple dessert that will always steal the dinnertime show.
Full Disclosure: Albertsons provided our dinner and compensated me for developing this recipe with their products. That being said I have been an Albertsons shopper since I was a little girl and shop there on a regular basis. My promise to you is that I will only promote products and companies I love and use in my home.
Life has been busy. Very busy. Jonathan and I are preparing for three trips to four states in two weeks. We are also buying our first house and packing in preparation for moving day. When life gets this crazy we have to make sacrifices but we are careful to protect the time we sit down together as a family to share dinner. This is my favorite time of the day!
This week we picked up Signature Café® Pork Ribs from Albertsons (our closest grocery store) and a few sides. With dinner being taken care of so easily I had a bit of time to indulge in making a new dessert. Strawberry Ice Cream Sandwich Cake is proof an easy, thrown together dessert can be delicious AND beautiful!
After grabbing a rack of Signature Café® Pork Ribs I swung through the produce section and discovered the first sweet corn of the season was in! I also found some great strawberries for dessert and then ended up eyeing the salads. The produce guy was glad to discuss the options. He was a hoot and we got to visiting a bit. In the end I took his suggestion and went with some fresh coleslaw from the deli instead of the bagged salad. He was right – it was perfect.
When I bought stuff for dinner an Albertsons checker was handing out pretty reusable bags. Am I the only girl whose heart can be won with a good deal and a pretty bag?
The ribs were tender and flavorful and we all loved the sweet, spicy sauce. Jack learned how to eat corn off the cob and insisted on gnawing on all the bones just like Daddy. He is only 16 months but seems determined to grow up and be just like Daddy as soon as possible.
When I was pregnant with Jack I desperately wanted some Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream. I quickly discovered only a few companies made it and most did not do it the way I wanted!
Finally I discovered this wonderful Signature SELECT™ ice cream. The ice cream is rich and creamy. It is full of strawberry ripples and plenty of hunks of cheesecake with crust. I have always found the Signature line to have high quality products. The prices are good and they back up their products with a 100% money back guarantee. I appreciate that! You can find Signature products exclusively at any of the Albertsons Companies family of stores.
The Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream is so good it deserves to be made into desserts. I pressed it into layers for ice cream cake and then made layers of cereal treats to go between. You will love my cereal treats – I use a bit of extra butter for that perfect texture and flavor!
The result was a fun Strawberry Ice Cream Sandwich Cake. Chewy and creamy – full of one of my favorite ice creams. Watching Jack try to figure out how to eat it without getting brain freeze was the perfect end to a lovely family dinner.
Have a great week guys. Thanks for stopping by to cook with me!
Tools In This Post: A good quality cake pan is not expensive and it is well worth investing in. I love these Calphalon pans. They are sturdy, dish-washer safe and hold up year after year.
Can’t get enough great fruit this spring? Give this elegant Red White and Blue Fruit Salad a try. It is a runaway hit!
Strawberry Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
- 6 cups of Signature Kitchens® Crispy Rice Cereal
- 6 Tbsp. salted butter
- 1 bag of Signature Kitchens Mini Marshmallows 10.5oz
- 2 cartons Signature SELECT™ Strawberry Cheesecake ice cream 1.5 quart size
- Fresh strawberries and whipped cream to garnish if desired
- Prepare two 9” cake pans by lining with wax paper or parchment paper.
- Take one large square of the paper and press into each pan so the pans are lined with additional paper hanging over the edges. You may butter the paper for easier release if you like.
- Measure the cereal and set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe mixing bowl combine the butter and marshmallows. Microwave on high for 1-2 minutes until melted. Whisk the mixture together until smooth.
- Stir in the cereal and divide evenly between the two cake pans. Butter your hands or a spatula and use to press the mixture flat.
- Cool in the refrigerator for a few minutes until firm.
- When firm, use the corners to lift the cereal layers out and set back in the fridge until you are ready to assemble the cake.
- Use a large square of plastic wrap to line the cake pans again with the corners hanging over the edge.
- Put 1 carton of ice cream in each cake pan: place scoops evenly in the pan and use a spoon to firmly press the ice cream down until you have formed one even layer. The cake pan will be about half full. Freeze the ice cream layers until they are solid and you are ready to serve the cake.
- When Ready to Serve: Peel the plastic wrap off one of the layers of ice cream. Place on a platter to form the first layer. Peel the paper off of the cereal layer and place it on top of the ice cream. Repeat with the next layer of ice cream and then the next cereal layer.
- Garnish with whipped cream and fresh strawberries as desired.
- Cut into wedges and serve right away or freeze up to 30 minutes before serving.
- Tip: This cake is best served right after assembly. It is harder to eat if it has been frozen solid for many hours.
Free Simple Weeknight Meal Plan!
Sign up here for your free plan and start rocking dinner!