These Garlic Parmesan Potatoes have that perfect mix of garlic, butter, cheese and seasonings. They are a quick side dish to toss together for a weeknight dinner or a holiday meal. Adding the butter at the end gives them SO much extra flavor.
My mom started giving me an allowance when I was about 2. I got a quarter a week (big money in the 80s!) and liked to take my coins to the farmer’s market to buy potatoes and tomatoes. I think if you could be born with food in hand mine would have been potatoes!
Oven Roasted Potatoes Have Amazing Flavor
While I’ve never met a way to cook potatoes I didn’t like, roasted is always high on my list! It does a great job of concentrating the potato for that rich roasted flavor I love and only takes a few minutes to prep a side dish for the oven – no fuss, no muss.
Getting Extra Rich Flavor Into Oven Roasted Potatoes
I used to roast potatoes exclusively in oil but these days I toss a bit of butter on in the end. Unlike mashed potatoes a little goes a long way and taking that extra step gives you tons of wonderful flavor. If I’m feeling a bit fancy I toss on some fresh herbs at the end for color and more flavor. Bing, bang, boom and DONE!
Tools In This Post: I keep a bottle of this Italian Herb Blend on hand at all times. It is my go to instead of fresh herbs that are more expensive and hard to keep handy. Usually you can find this in the produce section of the grocery store for $4 or under. If not badger the grocery store or order off of Amazon.
I like to serve these potatoes with this Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin!
Oven Roasted Garlic Parmesan Potatoes
- 3 pounds small gold potatoes petite or baby size work well
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp. black pepper coarsely ground
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. onion salt
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. freeze dried Italian herb blend I use Litehouse brand
- 6 Tbsp. salted butter melted
- Fresh parsley or chives to garnish optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Wash the potatoes and slice in half. Place in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle everything else except the butter over the potatoes. Gently toss to coat.
- Bake for 25 – 30 or until golden and crisp. The potatoes should be very tender when pierced with the tip of a knife. Stir in butter until melted. Taste for salt and serve garnished with fresh parsley or chives if desired.
MirlandrasKitchen.com is written to share great recipes. While we do our best to provide nutritional information as a general guideline, we are not registered dietitians and the values provided here should be considered estimates – not exact scientific data.