Delicious, creamy orange fluff salad with a pineapple twist! We call this Dreamsicle jello salad because it tastes like a creamsicle popsicle. The pineapple gives it a tropical hint without taking over all the traditional orange fluff salad flavor you would expect from the mandarin oranges.
Orange fluff salad has become a staple in our home during the holiday season and for summer BBQs. Our friends Daniel and Jeralynne introduced us to this fun jello salad a few years ago. Now it is a family favorite and I would never show up to Thanksgiving dinner without a big bowl!
Orange Fluff Salad with Pineapple Tidbits
Orange fluff is a long standing traditional jello salad. Most “fluff” recipes call for jello, cool whip, fruit and if your are lucky – mini marshmallows!
We make ours a sit a little tropical fun. I add some pineapple tidbits and often nix the cottage cheese. We don’t enjoy the texture of the salad with cottage cheese in it as much. But I will say the cottage cheese and fruit are the only ingredients that tie together the idea that this is some sort of salad!
More Jello Recipes to Love
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
- 3 Berry Cranberry Jello Salad (Cherries, Raspberries & Cranberries)
Orange Fluff Salad
- 1 box orange Jell-O (3oz) any brand
- 1 pint cottage cheese optional see note
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 tub Cool Whip (8oz) any brand
- 2 cans mandarin oranges (11oz each) drained (11oz each)
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits drained
- sweetened flaked coconut to garnish, if desired
- Mix the Jell-O powder and cottage cheese together until fully combined. Stir in marshmallows.
- Fold in Cool Whip.
- Gently fold in mandarin oranges and pineapple tidbits, taking care not to break them.
- Serve in individual dishes or in a bowl.
- Garnish with coconut if desired
MirlandrasKitchen.com is written to share great recipes. While we do our best to provide nutritional information as a general guideline, we are not registered dietitians and the values provided here should be considered estimates – not exact scientific data.
I read each and every comment and I try to respond to questions asap, so ask away! If you’ve made a recipe, I would love to hear about it! Please come back and share your experience and give the recipe a 5-star rating so other people will know how much you loved it!