This simple Creamy Chicken Enchilada Dip takes a classic dinner and makes it into the perfect appetizer for game day or your next party. Minimal ingredients and great flavor make this recipe a party regular!
Last summer I was making chicken enchiladas when my sister-in-law suggested that the filling would make great dip! Rachel was right, of course, and I ended up adding a few more creamy ingredients to make this creamy chicken enchilada dip.
Our household is comprised of Mexican food lovers and taking a favorite dinner and turning it into dip has been a big hit. I make it for parties of course but also for dinner! Sometimes the hassle of stuffing all the enchiladas just annoys me and this dip means everybody can just dip their own chips or stuff a tortilla at the table.
If I do serve it for dinner, I usually put out a salad or Mexican rice and some veggies like tomatoes and olives.
Creamy Chicken Enchilada Dip
- 1 pound cooked and shredded chicken
- 8 oz cream cheese very soft
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup salsa Verde
- 1 can chopped green chilies 4oz
- 8 oz shredded Mexican blend cheese additional cheese to garnish if desired
- 1 package taco seasoning or the equivalent from the canister
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Butter or oil a 9”x9” casserole pan (you can use a larger casserole dish and make a thinner dip if desired – just reduce the baking time.)
- Combine the cream cheese and sour cream together until smooth.
- Mix everything else into the cream cheese mixture and spread in an even layer in the pan.
- Bake at 375 for 45-60 minutes or until hot through and bubbly at the edges.
- Garnish with additional cheese if desired and continue to bake just until melted.
- Serve hot with tortilla chips or use to fill flour tortillas.
I read each and every comment and I try to respond to questions asap, so ask away! If you’ve made a recipe, I would love to hear about it! Please come back and share your experience and give the recipe a 5-star rating so other people will know how much you loved it!