This easy Alfredo sauce is the perfect Alfredo for pasta or for dipping your favorite breadsticks and veggies. It is perfectly creamy and full of Parmesan cheese. Best of all, you can make it in 15 minutes and everybody will be arguing over the last spoonful. If you want to get extra fancy serve it with sautéed mushrooms or shrimp!
There is just something about a perfect easy alfredo sauce! I have a hard time not just dipping my fingers in and licking them off. Before we started dating my husband would go to the store and buy jars of “alfredo” sauce on occasion and I was always horrified! Who DOES that? Well, actually lots of people do. Alfredo sauce has a bad rep for being hard to cook and it is not deserved. You just need 15 minutes for a stunning homemade version.
I often serve this just the way it is on some pasta for a simple, soul satisfying meal. However, it is also great with some sautéed mushroom slices or sautéed sweet onions. You can dice up some chicken or get some seafood going with shrimp or scallops! My favorite is mushroom – Jonathan’s is a combo of shrimp, scallops and mushroom!
This is one of those meals I suggest you bring out for a special occasion if you want to impress family or maybe make something lovely for Valentine’s Day. It is one of those perfect things that is easy to prepare but SO impressive when you eat it. Simple food prepared well is often the most memorable!
Have a great week. Thanks for stopping by to cook with me!
Tools In This Post: This measuring cup is my go to for recipes like this. I measure directly into it and then microwave my liquid in the same dish. If you cook frequently I suggest owning 1-2 of these and 1-2 if the 2 cup size. I own two of each and one of the 1 cup size.
Since you’ve got dinner in the bag, what is for dessert? These Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies are pretty much always on my list!
15 Minute Easy Alfredo Sauce
- 2 cups 2% milk can also use whole milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 Tbsp. salted butter
- 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 6 Tbsp. flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Combine the milk and cream in a microwave safe container and microwave on high for 2 ½ minutes or until warm through.
- Meanwhile put the butter and garlic in a large sauce pan over medium-high heat. Whisk occasionally until melted.
- Turn the heat down to medium. Whisk in the flour, salt and pepper. Cook, whisking constantly, for 30 seconds.
- Pour in a few tablespoons of the warm milk mixture and whisk until smooth. Continue to add a few tablespoons of liquid at a time whisking until smooth after each addition. After the sauce is thin add the rest of the milk mixture and whisk again to combine.
- Add the cheese and whisk frequently until the cheese is melted and the sauce is slightly thickened. The sauce can be served at whatever thickness you like. The longer you cook it, the thicker it will be. Generally I serve it when it is the consistency of slightly thin gravy.
- Serve over your favorite pasta with additional cheese or with sautéed mushroom slices. Alternately this sauce makes a great dip for bread sticks or vegetables.
We use this recipe constantly at home! It is a big hit with lots of different pasta dishes for our family!
Hi Emilee!!! Thank you! I love that this is a big hit with your family 🙂 It has been one of my go to foods lately during pregnancy. We add some mushrooms on the side and oh YUM!