There should be great recipes developed for every eating and cooking style. Nobody put that in the Constitution but it’s election season so feel free to write your senators and suggest an amendment. These gluten free peanut butter cookies are delightful and exactly the way you expect a peanut butter cookie to taste. When I first tried them, I had no idea they were gluten free and made from just four ingredients
I cook recipes from all over in my quest to learn more about cooking but most of what I share for the blog is my original work. These cookies are perfect the way they are so I got permission from my friend Erin to share the recipe with you. I have tweaked minor things and written more detailed instructions but the cookie recipe is essentially as I received it.
In my utopia peanut butter cookies come with chocolate frosting. I’m of the opinion that all of you would like my utopia so I have made these with a rich frosting that will satisfy any chocolate lover.
These cookies are perfect for people who are not experienced in the kitchen, for busy families who need something fast, and for special diets. I made a big batch and shared them around with lots of people and they were a hit. Make sure you save this recipe for the busy holiday baking season that is coming up. It is always great to have an easy cookie recipe on hand.
4 Ingredient Gluten FreePeanut Butter Cookies
- 2 cups peanut butter creamy or crunchy
- 2 cups sugar plus additional sugar to press cookies flat
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. vanilla
For The Frosting
- ½ cup butter
- 1/3 cup milk
- 4 Tbsp. unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 lbs powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- To Make The Cookies: Preheat the oven to 375 F. Line three cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine peanut butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla in a medium mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly with a spoon.
- Use a 1oz cookie scoop to make balls of dough. Dip a water glass in sugar and use it to press each cookie to about 1/4" thick. Continue to dip the glass in sugar between each cookie.
- Bake in preheated oven for 9-10 minutes. Cookies will look puffy and edges will be barely starting to brown. Do not overcook. Remove sheets and set aside to cool.
- To Make The Frosting: Add the butter to a medium sauce pan and turn the stove to medium-heat. Add the milk, and baking cocoa.
- Whisk until the mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat and whisk in the powdered sugar and vanilla. Continue until all lumps are gone and the frosting is smooth.
- Use a serving spoon to ladle the hot frosting over each cookie immediately. Allow the frosting to set and then store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
I love my Calphalon Cookie Sheets:
Love peanut butter? You gotta try my Peanut Butter Fluff Frosting!