These Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies are my perfect cookie! They have just the right soft chew, tons of chocolate chips and excellent flavor! This is the recipe for all of us die hard chocolate chip cookie lovers! These are the best soft chocolate chip cookies I have ever made by far!
I. Love. Cookies. Who wouldn’t? Sweet, buttery, chewy, crunchy, frostings, chocolate, portable, giftable, lovable – have I gone on too long? Maybe a bit…
Of all the cookies in the world my favorite by far are soft chocolate chip cookies. They just have my heart! For years I was a Toll House girl and it is a great recipe – solid, dependable and yummy. But in the last few years I started to wonder if there was something better out there? I tried a few different things and in the end I discovered that there was a better cookie!
This version uses more brown sugar than white and adjusts the leavening ratios. It is also a bit more generous with the vanilla just because I’m almost as crazy about vanilla as I am about cookies. If you must conserve, reduce the vanilla to a teaspoon – I understand!
I thought it might be just me so I took these cookies around and handed them out liberally. They got some crazy rave reviews! As it turned out a lot of people love this particular version of soft chocolate chip cookies.
If you give this one a try drop me a line in the comments! I’m so excited to see what you all think of this recipe. I’m betting it is going to become your #1 chocolate chip cookie recipe!
Have a great week. Thanks for stopping by to cook with me!
Tools In This Post: I don’t like to do any more dishes than I have to! When I bake cookies I always use these simple pre-cut sheets. These cookies can be removed from the sheet and then you can reuse it for the next round of cookies. When I’m done for the day I toss the paper and put my clean cookie sheets back in the cupboard. The price on Amazon and in the grocery store is pretty similar.
If I had to pick a 2nd favorite recipe it might be these Perfect No Chill Sugar Cookies! Enjoy…
Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup salted butter softened
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 3 ¼ cups flour
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 2 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, use the paddle attachment to beat together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar on high until light and fluffy - about one minute. Scrape the sides.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat again. Scrape the sides.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix on medium until well combined. Add chocolate chips and mix on low just until combined.
- Use a 2.5 Tbsp. size scoop to make balls of dough. Put six balls of dough on each sheet and bake 10-12 minutes until cookies are just set on top and almost starting to brown on the edges around the bottom.
Adapted from here.