Sticky honey garlic shrimp is a fast and healthy dinner full of flavor with just the right amount of stickiness. This Asian take on shrimp is always a hit! Serve it over rice or individually as a party food if you like. Either way, be prepared for it to disappear quickly!
Love shrimp? So do we! This 15 minute sticky honey garlic shrimp was popular at our house from the first day I made it. The dish is fast and simple. The flavor is excellent. In the end you get a meal that is better than restaurant quality for a fraction of the price and very little effort.
I put some rice in my rice cooker to steam while I make this and if I’m feeling really energetic I cook up some broccoli or make a salad too. The only problem with this recipe? It is intended to serve four but Jonathan can eat the entire pound of shrimp by himself…
Have a great week. Thanks for stopping by to cook with me!
Tools In This Post: Having a good quality rice maker is a worthwhile investment if you like to make rice on the fly for simple dinners like this. I recommend investing in one with fuzzy logic technology for more precise cooking. We have had this one more than five years and still love it.
Love simple seafood recipes? Check out this quick Baked Salmon with Brown Sugar Glaze. Tasty, fast and healthy!
15 Minute Sticky Honey Garlic Shrimp: A Fast & Healthy Dinner
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger minced
- 1/4 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. white pepper optional
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes optional
- 1 pound raw shrimp size medium (see note)
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 tsp. corn starch
- 2 green onions sliced thinly on the diagonal
- Serving Suggestion: For a fast dinner toss some rice in the rice maker before you start the shrimp and steam up some broccoli or heat up some frozen broccoli. Alternately these shrimp go great over stir fried veggies or even just by themselves! Party food anybody?
- In a small bowl, whisk everything together except the shrimp, corn starch and onions.
- Place the shrimp in a bowl and pour about half the sauce over it, stirring to coat.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp to the hot oil. Cook about 1 minute, stirring at least once.
- Whisk corn starch into the rest of the marinade and add to the pan. Cook about one more minute until shrimp are cooked through. Tip: Shrimp turn a nice light pink right through to the middle when they are cooked. Cut open the thickest part of a shrimp if you want to double check.
- Sprinkle green onions over the shrimp and serve hot over rice or on a plate. (Rice is a great delivery system for the delicious sauce on the shrimp.)
Free Simple Weeknight Meal Plan!
Sign up here for your free plan and start rocking dinner!