Cheese tortellini, fresh veggies and tangy Italian dressing come together for a fresh and flavorful Tortellini Pasta Salad in 15 minutes.
When the summer heat hits I try to use my good sense and serve up lots of stuff on the grill and lots of cold stuff. We really enjoy cheese tortellini with Alfredo or marinara sauce but in the summer it makes a perfect pasta salad!
The Best ways to eat tortellini pasta salad
This Tortellini Pasta Salad is full of veggies and is a wonderful main dish. We take it on picnics, to BBQs or sometimes serve it as a side dish with steak off the grill. It is a very flexible salad that lends itself well to most anything you have out of the garden or from the farmer’s market.
More Pasta Salad to Love
This Hawaiian Mac Salad is one of our favorites all year long.
Tortellini Pasta Salad
- 1 1/2 pounds cheese tortellini I use Kirkland
- 20 oz roasted red pepper Italian dressing or your favorite Italian style dressing
- 1 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 English cucumber sliced
- 1/2 shallots sliced (can use all of the shallot for more onion flavor)
- 15 black olives sliced, can sub green
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese can sub other hard cheese
- basil leaves for garnish optional
- Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain and rinse under cold water. Place in a medium bowl.
- While tortellini is cooking, cut up the vegetables.
- Whisk together dressing and black pepper. To drained pasta add the dressing mixture, bell pepper, cucumber, and onions. Carefully toss to combine.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve. The longer it marinates, the stronger the flavor is. Garnish with cheese and basil leaves.
I read each and every comment and I try to respond to questions asap, so ask away! If you’ve made a recipe, I would love to hear about it! Please come back and share your experience and give the recipe a 5-star rating so other people will know how much you loved it!
Leave a Reply