Creamy Crock-Pot Chicken Noodle Soup is savory and comforting on a cold, winter day. The soup is easy to toss together and the crock does all the work!
We live in the Treasure Valley surrounded by foothills and mountains. After a long, hot summer I am enjoying watching our hills turn white with snow! And as the hills turn white out comes the crock-pot and soup recipes!
Creamy crock-pot chicken noodle is a great recipe to keep handy when things get busy during the holiday season. Everything goes in one pot, and the ingredients are all pantry staples. I always keep onion, carrots and celery in the house because they go in just about everything.
Most chicken noodle soups are fairly bland and plain. That’s fine but not my style. This one has plenty of flavor without getting carried away. You can use any herbs you like or have on hand – my favorite option is a poultry blend because it goes so nicely with the chicken! Tip: Buying a few freeze dried herb blends will save you a lot of money and give you great quality on hand to cook with.
The holiday season is full of fun but also plenty of busyness. Make sure your pantry is stocked with staples and keep a few recipes like this one ready to save you some time and fuss. After all, this is a season to enjoy being with family – not just cooking for family!
Have a great week. Thanks for stopping by to cook with me!
Tools In This Post: When it comes to slow cookers you don’t need something too crazy fancy but I do like the timer option on mine. It is always great for something like this where you don’t necessarily need to cook it all day long.
If you enjoy crock-pot cooking this Slow Cooker Pot Roast is one of my all time favorite recipes for the slow cooker! Enjoy…
Creamy Crock-Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- 8 cups hot water
- ½ cup Better than Bouillon Reduced Sodium Chicken Bouillon
- 1 ½ - 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large sweet onion diced
- 4 carrots peeled and diced
- 6 stalks celery diced
- 1 Tbsp. granulated garlic
- 1 Tbsp. favorite freeze dried herbs such as Litehouse Poultry Herb Blend
- 1 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 8 oz medium egg noodles
- ½ cup frozen peas optional
- 3 Tbsp. fresh parsley minced
- Add hot water and bouillon to a 6qt slow cooker, whisk until only small lumps remain.
- Add chicken, onion, carrots, and celery, garlic powder, herbs and black pepper. Cover and cook on low heat for about 5 hours or until the chicken and veggies are cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and shred with two forks. Add the chicken back into the crock pot.
- Remove 1 cup of the stock from the soup and place in a medium bowl with the cream. Whisk in the flour. Pour this mixture back into the soup and add the noodles. Stir to submerge the noodles, cover and cook on high for 15-25 minutes until pasta is tender. Add the peas and parsley, stir and serve.
- Serve hot with crusty bread or crackers.
Free Simple Weeknight Meal Plan!
Sign up here for your free plan and start rocking dinner!