Soft and Chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are the perfect oatmeal cookie! A hint of crisp at the edge, chewy through the cookie and plenty of chocolate! What else could you want in a cookie?
Tomorrow Jack and I are braving the stores in search of a cookie jar! Our first guests of the holiday season arrive in less than two weeks and we are preparing by making cookies. And more cookies. And even more cookies!
What Makes GREAT Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies?
These chewy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies will be on the list of course. I’m a texture girl so these cookies hit me in just the right spot. The edges are crisp or almost crisp but only right at the edge. Then the cookie is chewy and the chew is full of the nutty oatmeal texture. I love it! Load up with some good quality chocolate and you are set to go!
Buying Good Quality Chocolate Chips for Baking
When you pick out chocolate chips for holiday baking make sure to read the ingredients. Most brands list sugar first and this means that you are paying for more sugar than chocolate. Look for brands that list chocolate before sugar!
Can’t get enough cookies? Don’t miss my super simple Perfect No Chill Sugar Cookies. They are a cinch to make and you can’t beat the flavor!
Chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup salted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar firmly packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 11 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter, sugar, and brown sugar on high for one minute. Add eggs and vanilla then beat again until smooth, scrape bowl as needed.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt, and oatmeal. Beat on medium speed until mixed. Scrape bowl as needed.
- Add chocolate chips and beat on low just until mixed. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Use a 1.5oz size cookie scoop to make balls of dough. Place on lined cookie sheets and bake at 350 F for 10-11 minutes
Leave a Reply