Simple and creamy, these White Chicken and Rice Enchiladas are an easy dinner everybody will love!
Mexican food of every kind is on our dinner menu at least once a week. We love the flavors, all the fresh sides and the simplicity of a great dinner!
Using cream instead of enchilada sauce is a fun new twist at our house. It brings a fun richness and simplicity to the meal. I suggest making it with my Mexican Rice which is so simple you can even do it in a rice cooker. Enjoy!
Tools In This Post: I like to buy black olives whole to save money. When I need to slice a bunch up quick for dinner I use a egg slicer like this one:
Need the good stuff with dinner? This Guacamole is the best you will ever have and I have the perfect trick to keep it from browning! You can check it out here.
White Chicken and Rice Enchiladas
- 1 1/2 cups green tomatillo salsa
- 2 cups cooked chicken shredded
- 1 Tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 cups Mexican rice my recipe or your favorite
- 6 flour tortillas 8" size
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 cups grated cheese your favorite for Mexican food
Garnish As Desired With:
- fresh cilantro chopped
- cherry tomatoes sliced or halved
- purple onion diced
- avocado chunked
- olives sliced
- green onions minced
- fresh jalapenos sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray a rectangular casserole dish with oil spray.
- Combine tomatillo salsa, chicken and lime juice.
- Divide chicken mixture and rice between the tortillas. Roll up tortillas and place in the casserole dish, seam side down.
- Drizzle cream over the enchiladas and then sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 F for 30 min. Remove foil and bake an additional 15 min. or until the top is golden brown.
- Garnish as desired
- Serve with a salad and margaritas or virgin pina coladas!