My big holiday is Thanksgiving. I basically get to cook for a week and nobody complains that there is too much food or that I’m never to be found outside of the kitchen. Halloween always seems like a reminder to me that Thanksgiving is coming and I can start planning a euphoric month of cooking. My cousin, Stephanie, LOVES Halloween and always has a big party. I live 500 miles away from her now, but this year I developed Witches Brew Punch in her honor.
I think a Halloween party punch should be funny, a little spooky and not too disgusting. If you have a suggestible imagination do not look up Halloween recipes on Pinterest. Trust me. I think I’m going to have nightmares! If you want to “spook” this punch up some add dry ice and / or serve it in a plastic cauldron. Enjoy your Halloween festivities!
I always like to serve a nice spiced apple cider at fall parties along with a cold punch. This is an easy version anybody can put together in a crock pot. Enjoy!
Witches’ Brew Punch
- 1 Sierra Mist 2 liters
- 1 frozen limeade concentrate 1 can thawed
- 1 lime jell-o powder 1 3oz box
- 1-2 pints pineapple sherbet
- gummy frogs for garnish
- Mix jell-o powder with 1 cup of hot water and stir for two minutes until it is totally dissolved. Add 3/4 cup of cold water and pour jell-o liquid into a bread pan. Leave it in the fridge to set up for at least 6 hours.
- Start with all ingredients cold so you don't have to add ice later and dilute the yummy punch.
- In a punch bowl, mix up the limeade concentrate according to directions. Pour in the soda.
- Cut jell-o into about 20 small squares. Use a spatula to lift the squares and set them gently in the punch. Scoop the sherbet into balls with an ice cream scoop and drop into the punch.
- Garnish punch bowl and glassware with gummy frogs.
Free Simple Weeknight Meal Plan!
Sign up here for your free plan and start rocking dinner!