Creamy chocolate cheesecake filling is perfectly flavored and whipped, then piped unto strawberries for an elegant appetizer. Move over deviled eggs – there is a new “deviled” treat in town!
I know everybody loves deviled eggs but why should they have all the fun? When Easter rolls around spring comes with it. I’m always chomping at the bit to say goodbye to winter serve the most colorful foods I can get my hands on.
Chocolate Cheesecake Deviled Strawberries For Your Favorite Holidays
This year I have been playing with a chocolate cheesecake batter piped until beautiful spring berries. Chocolate and strawberries are always a winning combo and a hint of almond extract brings all the flavors together beautifully.
Thankfully these are also quick and easy so they leave lots of time for family and other more crazy cooking projects.
OK, so maybe I’m the only one with crazy holiday cooking projects but just in case I’m not, these are a beautiful addition to the table with little extra work.
The Tools You Need For Chocolate Cheesecake Deviled Strawberries
Tools In This Post: A Wilton 1M tip is perfect to pipe the filling unto the berries. It is also great for cupcakes, deviled eggs, and lots of other pastry applications.
I keep a box of these disposable decorating bags on hand and they keep cleanup simple. If you don’t make cakes every day, disposable bags are a good option.
I’m using a classic deviled egg plate to display my berries. These are fairly inexpensive and can be used for a variety of party foods and holiday treats – not just deviled eggs.
If you love simple cheesecake desserts, make sure you try my White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Dip. It is absolutely amazing!
ARE YOU CONFIDENT IN YOUR KITCHEN?
I teach busy moms How to Cook the Perfect Family Dinner EVERY Night in 30 Minutes or Less Without Being Stuck in “Kitchen Jail.”
Want to learn more? Come check out my class, The Confident Kitchen!
Chocolate Cheesecake Deviled Strawberries
- 2 pounds large strawberries
- 8 oz package cream cheese room temp
- 1/2 cup salted butter room temp
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder such as Hershey’s
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ¼ - ½ tsp. almond extract
- Wash strawberries and leave in a colendar to drain well.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer beat the cream cheese and butter for 30-60 seconds on high until combined. Add the powdered sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla and ¼ tsp. almond extract.
- Beat on high several minutes, scraping sides occasional. When the mixture if fluffy and no lumps remain it is done. Taste and add additional ¼ tsp. almond extract if desired (it brings out the flavor of the chocolate and enhances the chocolate / strawberry combo.)
- Slice strawberries in half leaving the stems attached. Arrange in on a deviled egg platter or your favorite tray.
- Fit a pastry bag with a 1M sized frosting tip (I’m using a Wilton one with their numbering system) and pipe a row of cheesecake filling unto each half strawberry. Leftover filling can be used on additional berries, raspberries or frozen for future use. If you freeze it you will have to whip it up again after thawing.
- These will hold for up to a few hours in the fridge. After some time the strawberries will start to look dry and less appetizing. Leftovers can be refrigerated for a few days.