The Best Guacamole Recipe
The best Guacamole Recipe you have ever tasted! Also my trick for keeping guacamole from browning without using the pit and my trick for mashing avocados. This recipe makes about 2 cups of guacamole.
- 4 ripe avocados about medium size (mine weighed a total of 1 pound 12 oz before peeling)
- 2 Tablespoon lime juice fresh squeezed if you can
- 1/3 cup sweet onion minced (can sub shallots)
- 3 Tablespoon cilantro minced
- 3/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 jalapeno pepper diced, optional for those that like SPICY
Halve the avocados and remove the pit. Scoop the flesh out and mash through wire mesh or mash with a fork.
Add the lime juice, onion, cilantro, black pepper and 1/2 tsp. of the salt. Stir gently until combined. Taste for salt and lime juice. If desired, add another 1/2 tsp. of salt.
If you like a spicy guacamole you can mince up a fresh jalapeno and add some or all of that. Include the seeds for the most spicy option. Remember, as your guacamole sits this will get hotter and hotter so use wisdom.
Refrigerate flooded with water until ready to serve.
Calories: 164kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 146mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 29IU | Vitamin C: 3mg