This hamburger soup is an easy and delicious meal full of veggies. I love that it fills bellies and gives us the nutrition we need to stay healthy during the cold season. Sprinkle on some cheese and watch the soup disappear!
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time55 mins
- 2 pounds O organics ground beef 15% fat
- 1 large sweet onion diced
- 6 stalks celery diced
- 2 bell peppers any color seeded and diced
- 1 can O Organics diced tomatoes with basil garlic & oregano, 14.5 oz (or Italian stewed tomatoes)
- 5 cups water
- 20 O Organics baby carrots sliced
- 1 pound red potatoes cubed with skin on
- 2 Tbsp. beef bouillon
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. freeze dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
In a large pot over medium-high heat, brown the hamburger. Strain the fat and juices from the meat and put back in the pot for cooking. Set the browned hamburger aside in a bowl and cover to prevent drying.
Add the onion, celery, and bell pepper to the meat juices and cook over medium-high heat for several minutes until they start to soften.
Add everything else to the pot except the cooked hamburger. Stir to combine, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and cover the pot. Maintain a simmer for 20 minutes.
Add the hamburger and check the potatoes / carrots - these veggies are done when they are tender and almost firm but not mushy.
Continue to simmer until the potatoes and carrots are done. Taste the soup and add any additional salt or pepper if desired.
Serve with grated Parmesan or mozzarella cheese and crackers, crusty French bread or rolls.