Tortellini Pasta Salad
Cheese tortellini, fresh veggies and tangy Italian dressing come together for a fresh and flavorful Tortellini Pasta Salad in 15 minutes. Note: It is nice to let the sauce absorb into the salad for at least an hour before you serve it. The longer it sits, the stronger the flavor. I like to make this a day ahead.
- 1 1/2 pounds cheese tortellini I use Kirkland
- 20 oz roasted red pepper Italian dressing or your favorite Italian style dressing
- 1 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 English cucumber sliced
- 1/2 shallots sliced (can use all of the shallot for more onion flavor)
- 15 black olives sliced, can sub green
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese can sub other hard cheese
- basil leaves for garnish optional
Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain and rinse under cold water. Place in a medium bowl.
While tortellini is cooking, cut up the vegetables.
Whisk together dressing and black pepper. To drained pasta add the dressing mixture, bell pepper, cucumber, and onions. Carefully toss to combine.
Cover and chill until ready to serve. The longer it marinates, the stronger the flavor is. Garnish with cheese and basil leaves.
Calories: 506kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 38mg | Sodium: 466mg | Potassium: 72mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 539IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 193mg | Iron: 2mg