Creamy Crock-Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
Creamy Crock-Pot Chicken Noodle Soup is savory and comforting on a cold, winter day. The soup is easy to toss together and the crock does all the work!
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time6 hrs
Total Time6 hrs 20 mins
- 8 cups hot water
- ½ cup Better than Bouillon Reduced Sodium Chicken Bouillon
- 1 ½ - 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large sweet onion diced
- 4 carrots peeled and diced
- 6 stalks celery diced
- 1 Tbsp. granulated garlic
- 1 Tbsp. favorite freeze dried herbs such as Litehouse Poultry Herb Blend
- 1 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 8 oz medium egg noodles
- ½ cup frozen peas optional
- 3 Tbsp. fresh parsley minced
Add hot water and bouillon to a 6qt slow cooker, whisk until only small lumps remain.
Add chicken, onion, carrots, and celery, garlic powder, herbs and black pepper. Cover and cook on low heat for about 5 hours or until the chicken and veggies are cooked through.
Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and shred with two forks. Add the chicken back into the crock pot.
Remove 1 cup of the stock from the soup and place in a medium bowl with the cream. Whisk in the flour. Pour this mixture back into the soup and add the noodles. Stir to submerge the noodles, cover and cook on high for 15-25 minutes until pasta is tender. Add the peas and parsley, stir and serve.
Serve hot with crusty bread or crackers.