Healthy Asian Coleslaw
Note: This is best made about 12 - 24 hours before serving so it can sit and marinate.
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 2 lbs cabbage shredded
- 5 green onions minced
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup of Craisens cheery flavored is nice
- 2 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 3 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- 4 Tbsp. rice vinegar I'm using Marukan brand
- 1 can mandarin oranges drained
Remove core from cabbage and shred in a food processor or by hand.
Mince onions and combine with cabbage in a large bowl. Add almonds, craisens, and sesame seeds. Toss to combine
In a separate bowl whisk together oil, sesame oil, sugar, salt, pepper and vinegar.
Pour over cabbage mixture and toss to combine. Refrigerate 24 hours to marinate. Toss again before serving and add the drained oranges.