Asian Cheese Ball
Note: I like to make this several hours to a few days in advance. The flavor will develop nicely as it sits.
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 tsp. granulated garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. Yoshida sauce
- 1 Tbsp. green onion minced very fine
- 1/2 tsp. fresh coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. sesame oil
- 1/3 cup toasted sesame seeds to coat
- Sesame rice crackers for serving
In a stand mixer or by hand whip softened cream cheese until it is fluffy. Add everything else except the sesame seeds and beat until combined.
Scoop the cheese mixture unto a big piece of plastic wrap. Use the wrap to protect your hands while you form a ball from the mixture. Refrigerate until chilled through and firm.
Remove from plastic wrap and roll ball in the sesame seeds to coat. Serve with rice crackers for the best flavor.